M.Sc. in Applied Psychology Forensic Stream
MSc in Applied Psychology (Forensic Psychology Stream)
The MSc in Applied Psychology (Forensic Psychology) offers training in a vibrant research-active atmosphere, with a scientist-practitioner approach to the scientific study of human behaviour in the justice system. Forensic psychology focuses on researching aspects of human behaviour directly related to the legal process and applying this knowledge to the legal process. Graduates will leave equipped with skills for either applied work in the justice system or for further PhD-level studies in Forensic Psychology. Faculty will offer a variety of courses, including Forensic Tests and Measurement, Correctional Psychology, and the latest developments in research methods. Our students will apply their learning during a practicum in the field, and through teaching and research assistantships. Students will also conduct and defend their own original research through their Master’s thesis.
The Benefits of Doing an MSc in Applied Psychology (Forensic Psychology) at Saint Mary’s
By completing an MSc in Applied Psychology (Forensic Psychology) at Saint Mary's University you will:
- Know how to develop and evaluate forensic psychological measurement tools.
- Know how to administer and interpret standardized risk assessment instruments.
- Understand ethical and professional issues in applied forensic psychology.
- Understand how forensic psychologists interact with the justice system, including forensic hospitals, law
enforcement agencies, and correctional institutions.
- Develop and apply organizationally relevant research skills including program evaluations.
- Learn about conducting applied forensic research from initial conceptualization of the project to dissemination of research findings.
- Learn about conducting applied forensic research from initial conceptualization of the project to dissemination of
- Conduct and interpret powerful statistical analyses that are used to test research hypotheses.
- Obtain valuable practicum experience in a forensic psychology context.
Please note that completing this program will not lead to registration as a psychologist or other professional designation.
Faculty members accepting students for Fall 2017 include Drs. Robert Konopasky, Marc Patry, Steven Smith, Skye Stephens, Veronica Stinson, and Marguerite Ternes. For more information on faculty, visit the โหลดเกมยิงปลาฟรีDepartment of Psychology Faculty & Staff page.
- An honours degree in Psychology (or equivalent)
- Academic transcript, personal statement, CV, three academic letters of reference, GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical)
Application Deadlines and Key Dates
- International: December 15
- Canadian and permanent residents: December 15
- Program Start Date: September
- Minimum time to completion: 2 years
Dr Debra Gilin Oore
McNally South 321
Debra.Gilin@ โหลดเกมยิงปลาฟรี www.grumpify.com